Friday, March 09, 2007

Anger management

Anger…..what do we do when we get angry? How do we react in our anger? Jesus does not forbid us from getting angry but he tells us not to sin in our anger. What does that suppose to mean? I believe that Jesus was more concern of our response to anger rather than the feeling and the emotion itself. In another word, we don’t sin by getting angry, but we are reminded not to sin when we are angry.

Though the command itself do not require a thorough exegesis to understand its meaning, its application is not as simple as it sounds. The first thing that most of us do when we get angry with the annoying character of others is to react. Sometimes we confront them when are angry or hurt. But is that the best way to address the situation. From a recent incident, I realized that, confrontation is not the best solution and especially confronting them when you are still angry.

As I was dealing with my anger and hurt, I got this mail from a friend this morning and tI want share with you guys the quotation that I found helpful in the mail that actually helped me to deal with my hurt:-

Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.

For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 second of happiness that can never get.

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.

Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.

Harsh words break no bones, but they do break hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home