Friday, July 07, 2006

It is not what you have received, but what you have given that matters

It's always nice to receive things or gifts from others. What more if it is a blessing from God. We live in a world that has a high expectation in every aspects of live. Everyone expect something from someone. As Christians....We often expect the most (blessings) from the Master. But in return, how many of us have been a blessing to our fellow brothers. I'm deeply convinced that as Children of God we must be a blessing to others at all times and circumstances.

There was one episode in my life when I use to wake up every morning and ask God to use me as a blessing for others. Indeed it worked !! I noticed that somehow or rather along the day I consciously became a blessing for others. That gave me a great joy in life. As for me...to be a blessing for others brings greater joy than the blessing that I receive.

The new semester has begun and everyone seems to be busy in STM. As I was returning back from my Theology class this afternoon......I was approached by a 1st year student who is much older to me. He requested me to pray for him. As I laid my hand on him and prayed for him he broke down in tears. I believe that the Lord truly ministered to him at the point of his need.
I was very much affected by the incident...I have been thinking about it ever since....I'm extremely happy and overjoyed because I'm certain that I've been a great blessing for my fellow brother. At the same time, it also makes me to ponder.......how conscious am I in being a blessing for others. Sometimes opportunities are all around us to be a blessing for other.....but, do we take the opportunity....or are we too busy with our personal affairs. Trust me.....true joy is when we can be a blessing for others. IT IS NOT WHAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED, BUT WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN THAT MATTERS......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home