Monday, July 10, 2006

It is all about Preaching, Preaching and Preaching...


I guess today is the longest Sunday that i have ever had in my whole life. Guess what?...... I preached 4 sermons since 8.30am till 7.00pm. Started my day with the adult Sunday School at 8.30am in Seremban Methodist Church (I'm doing a series of studies from Genesis). At 9.30 am worship service started and i had to preach an exegetical sermon from Matthew 18 (I spoke for almost an hour...man that was really tiring.) As it is i've been having a bad throat..........(ofcourselah.....ate durian twice in a row within a week...Daniel and Ruth are partly to be blamed!!). After worship service, spoke in the Youth meeting for another 45minutes. (Interesting subject....Annointing). Left church at about 1.30pm. Came back home and had to watch the match between Germany and Portugal (poor Portugal lost the match....i wanted them to win..!!!). Could not sleep in the afternoon.....the weather was tremendously hot.....no choice...had to sit infront of the TV (atleast Jessie had a short nap). 5pm letf home to Port Dickson....had to preach in the evening service at 6pm.....man...guess what? The worship leader did not turn up and i had to lead the worship as well. I almost lost 80% of my voice by then. By God's grace......managed to preach and left PD at about 7.15pm. Reached home at 8pm and had a wonderful home cooked dinner (thanks to Jessie...she is an excellent cook).

What suprises me the most is......i'm still sober and it's almost 1 in the morning. Propabaly the excitement of the world cup finals. I just paused a second and realized that it was'nt the world cup that keeps me sober....but it is solely God's grace.



When i started the day with my quiet time....i cried out to Him thinking of my long schedule. I knew it well that i would definitely 'crack' down some where along the day if I strive to do things on my own strenght. But than...upon waiting at His feet....I gained a new strenght and grace from Him. I went to the Church with a new strenght. And i'm deeply convinced that it is His strenght that is made perfect in my weakness. I just wanna praise God for His faithfullness. I'm sure that He who have called us is and will always be faithfull in carrying us through this journey of life.

Thank you Lord....for Your strenght that is made perfect in my weaknesses.....I need not worry about the burden that i've got to carry...because i've a great God who carries away my burden and journey along with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reb Anthony Loke said...

u r experiencing what john sung and watchman nee used to do - preach a whole day! welcome to the calling.

from a fellow preacher
anthony loke
stm

5:17 PM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Thanks Rabbi for the word of encouragement.
God Bless.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home