Thursday, November 08, 2007

Being Thankful


There are indeed many reasons why one should be thankful. As for me, i also have many reasons to thank God and many people around me. Though this year have been a very stressfull one for me, as i look back, i noticed that there are multitude of things that i must be thankful for. Among them:-

  • My family (wife and baby), my wonderful mother, my supportive brothers and their respective families, my sister and her family for all their support, words of encouragement and the joy that they have brought into my life.
  • My good friends who have journeyed together with me in STM, and back home in Banting.
  • My dear friend Pastors and my field education supervisors for their prayers and words of encouragement.
  • My lecturers in STM who have ignited the passion for theological studies in me. Also for those lecturers who have been very pastoral in relating to me.
  • My thesis supervisor and reader for approving my thesis.
  • My friends and church members who were present during my graduation. Their presence itself was a pillar of strenght for me.
Well. the list can go on and on. In fact, we, as children of God should always be thankful to God and the people around us. God uses people to meet into our many needs, thus, we must also be thankful for the people who have availed themselves to be used by God as an instrument in meeting us and our needs.

Finally, we as a family would like to thank all of you for praying for Jessie's transfer. Praise God, she has already got her transfer to Perak. I just checked it online. Thanks again for all your support and prayer. May God richly bless all of you.



4 Comments:

Blogger servant of JC said...

Thank u 2 bro for being a good fren. Hope to see u in Ipoh!!!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you also thanking friends that you claimed betray you and tarnish your reputation?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Good question.....ummm....i guess i will thank them too simply because they have taught me that i should trust God more than any human being. They have also taught me that man can change but God will remain faithful and truthful forever.
Anyway...may i know who is this "anonymous writer"?

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

then i dont think this is sincere thanks from your heart - there is a fine line between gratitude and what you are being thankful for as you expressed here.

I'm just someone who has journeyed thru life - perhaps with a little bit more wisdom than you.

I detect some form of bitterness....don't let this grow...

JC

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home