Thursday, November 01, 2007

Friendship.......


Friends give each other emotional support by demonstrating care and affection. They also provide guidance during times of decision-making. Friends give help by meeting practical needs, such as loaning a car, cooking a meal, or taking care of a dog while a friend's on vacation. Psychologists have hypothesized that friends are actually coping mechanisms; by providing companionship and resources, friends alleviate stress in a person's life.


There are cultural differences in the way friends are viewed across the world. In cultures that value familial network, such as the Asian culture, the function and role of a friend are often found within the family structure, and friendships are not given the same weight of importance as in another culture. There are also varying definitions as to what constitutes a friend. Someone might call another person "friend" because they have mutual interests and activities, while another person considers a friend someone he shares similar attitudes, values, and beliefs.

But have you ever wondered what happens when good friendship turns out to be bad? Let me tell you, it is very painful. Especially when the friends that you trust and shared your minds out betrays you. What more when they falsely accuse you of saying the things that you have not said. Or even passes bad remarks about you with the intention to damage your reputation. I was just puzzled when all this happened to me. I just can’t believe it. I really wonder what was the intention and why should a ‘good friendship’ end up like this. I thought good friends can sit around a table and work out their differences. They can even admonish each other and further grow in the friendship. But why must there be betrayal in friendship? Why must friends go extra miles to hurt their friends by slandering and tarnishing their name? I have no answers to all these questions. But I believe, that in all that we go through, God is indeed teaching us something. I’m not sure what is He teaching me right now….but I think I just need to trust Him more than any human being…for He is my best friend who will never betray me nor harm me. I can count on His friendship.

Thank you Jesus for being a good friend of mine especially when others fail me. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home