Friday, November 09, 2007

Time of preparation......

The whole of November and December 2007 is suppose to be a holiday for me or rather a break from all ministerial commitments. In fact, this period of 2 months is a privilege that all TAC graduands enjoys upon their graduation. As for me this is a great time for preparation. A time for me to prepare myself and family for the future ministry. A time for me to set things right with God and man. A time for me to catch up with my family and friends. Basically, this is the ideal time for myself and my family to do whatever we want.
As a part of my personal preparation, i have schedulled to complete reading the whole Bible in this 2 months. I know i am lagging back in the schedule...but somehow i will catch up with it.
Other than that I have been introduced with a book authored by Warren Wiersbe, On Being a Servant of God. I think this is an excellent book for those who are in ministry and those who are praparing for God's ministry. Both for lay and clergy.
One pointer that caught my eyes as i was reading this morning was: "in ministry you must be yourself". Generally, we often try to immitate others or 'the greats' in our Christian ministry. When we give too much of attention in immitating others, we tend to lose focus on our call and the way God wants us to minister. In fact, we are unique in what we are and what we can do, and God doesn't want us to destroy that uniqueness that he has given us by trying to be somebody else. That does not mean we should not admire others, in fact there's nothing wrong with appreciating God's special servants and being inspired and instructed by them. But, in doing so, we should not destroy our own distinctive ministry.
I am glad that i was introduced to this book by a very dear aunt of mine back in my hometown. I may be reflecting more on the interesting pointers that i discover as i read this book in my coming entries. Stay connected guys.
Cheers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home