Friday, July 21, 2006

Friendship


Friendship is an in-depth relationship combining trust, support, communication, loyalty, understanding, empathy, and intimacy. It certainly comprises all aspects of life that all human crave for. At times in life when everything that surround us seem to go wrong, the only person we can look up to and cling on are our friends. Their warm company often takes away all our sorrows and pain. Being able to trust and relax with your friend is a big part of friendship.

Here are some interesting quotes about friendship that impressed me:-

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost." - Charles Caleb Colton.

"My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
-Walter Winchell

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else." - Len Wein

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." - Donna Roberts

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." - Lysha

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." - Bible: Ecclesiastes

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." - Abraham Lincoln

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!" - Heather Tallent

"To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy..." - Guido

"A friend is a gift you give yourself." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Friends are indeed a gift for me. I praise God that He has given me very good friends all through out my life. When I was a kid, I had two lovely friend(Chinese and Malay - we were called 'tiga sekawan'), when I went to school - I had excellent company of friends who spoiled me tremendously !!!! Anyway...they have been a great blessing in many ways. When I went to the university - I had several good friend who walked extra miles for and with me. When I started working - I had friend who would keep me company 'all night long'. Now that I'm in the seminary - I have friends who worth all the precious saying about friendship. They are a great pillar of hope and strength for me. I know that I always have a shoulder to lean on in times of need. Thanks Gerard, Daniel, Jacob, Ruth, and the others in STM for being a good friend.


"Friends are God's way of taking care of us - even when we are fast to sleep...zzzzzzz." Silvester

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home