Saturday, November 10, 2007

In His Ministry........

"When God calls you, He enables you and sees you through" Warren Wiersbe.
In reflecting upon Wiersbe's words, i realise that these words are very true indeed. I see this happening all through out in my own faith journey. When i first committed myself for the full time ministry in 2003, i was actually overwhelmed by many insecure feelings. Financial insecurity, friendship, family etc...etc. But, now as i look back, i realise that God has always been there, sustaining me and providing all my needs. I can proudly claim that I lack no good in serving the Almighty God.
When i enrolled into STM for my theological studies in 2005, i was shocked by the academy requirements of the seminary. Even in the very first semester i wanted to call it a quit. I really thought i wont be able to cope and i will not gratuate with a M.Div. That was when i told my wife to pack our bags and leave Seremban. But, somehow she manage to convince me to stay on. That was the time i really went to the Lord with a broken spirit and a contrite heart. Cried out to Him, desperately wanting to know His Will for my life. I really thought i was not in the center of His Will....until......He spoke to me clearly that night. The Lord gave me a clear sign or rather a promise. He showed me 3 numbers. It was 3.33 and He told me that "He will see me through" and i will gratuate from STM with 3.33 as my final CGPA.
Days past, semesters after semesters my grades improved....but it was kind of far for the promise. In fact there were times i made fun of the "promise" that the Lord made and i told him synically that "i am not in the center of His Will". When i collected the results of my second last semester (3rd year / 1st semester), i laughed aloud because my CGPA was 3.32. I thought that would be the best that i can do....and it is merely impossible for me to do better in the final semester with many difficult courses that i was taking + my thesis that was 'hanging on the air'.
Finally, i completed all the academy requirements (passed all my papers and my thesis). I left happily to Philipines for the ACT 3 Conference. When i came back from Philipines, i went up to the Academy Office to check my results. The staff told me that i have cleared all my paper and now i can gratuate. I insisted for my transcript.........my final CGPA was 3.33. I just broke down when i saw my grades. I realised how real my God is. Finally all my doubts are cleared - I am sure that i am in the center of God's will. Praise God. I also realised that "when God calls us, He enables us and sees us through". This have also eliminated many of my fears of the future. Because the One who have called me is more than faithful in sustaining me and using me for His glory. AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home