Friday, July 28, 2006

Car...

Wow... tell me who will not desire for this machine? I truly desire it. What more when my faithful Proton Tiara broke down this morning. Man....I just don't like it when my car/s break down. The worst part of the whole thing is waiting for the mechanic to open his shop. And even before I arrive there was another customer waiting...so I'm the second one. It took him 1 hour to repairs the other customers car....then only started checking mine. It took him another 2 hours to rectify my wiring problem. That was a long wait. I was really hoping in my heart that someone will just come along and give a set of keys for a new car...and tells me "Pastor, God asked me to bless you with this new car". That sound cool......ofcourse fantasies always sounds good and cool. I'm not saying this because I lack in faith, but why do I actually need a new or better car?? Does the car that I drive determine the success of a person?? Maybe...in the secular world...but what about those in the full time ministry?

I was once sharing my feelings to a good friend about getting a better car. Though there were no need for it but I was just 'lusting' for a change. He told me .....Well Silvester...be thankful for what you have....John Wesley traveled around on horse back to preach the Word of God....yet he did not complain and infact God used him mightily. That remark that my good buddy made (couple of years back) came to my mind this morning.

Sometimes we just want to have something better than what we already have. But as children of God, we must learn to make use of what we have for the Glory of God without complaining. It is never wrong to desire for a new car.....but what is the necessity for me at this point of time. I need a car to move around...so i have one that does the job well. So why change. Unless someone really walks up to me and gives it to me....hallelujah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home