Monday, February 25, 2008

Moving in Faith


Talking about faith, it is always easy said than done. One can preach about faith a million time but when it is truly required of us to make a move of faith, it is at most time a scary experience. Sometimes people move in faith because they have no other choice or rather they are forced to do so. But most of the time, when we are given a choice we tend to think and analyze the situation and the repercussion before we decide in so call ‘faith’. Why is it too difficult to move in faith? Is it because we don’t know our God well? Or are we afraid of failures that may come because of the move of faith?
I was privileged to have a ‘faith discourse’ with a friend last night. We were both struggling in our own ways, in our own peculiar situations to make moves of faith in our respective lives. We both could just sit down and testify the great things that the Lord has done in the past (actually it was up to 1am in the morning). But at present, when we are required to make a move of faith, the both of us tend to struggle to do so. We are asking God for numerous confirmations to do so. God in His grace gives us one after the other confirmation. He spoke through His word, through prophetic voice…but yet we struggle to move in faith.
As I reflect upon the lives of the many Biblical Heroes who moved in faith, I am truly amazed with their faith in God. Hebrews 11 explains to us the true meaning of faith. Without faith no man can ever please God. In reading of Genesis 12:1-4, I noticed that God told Abraham (vs.1) to move in faith to a land that is unknown to him. Verses 2 and 3 are the prophecy that is given to Abraham. Interestingly, in verse 4, the bible record, “So Abraham went, as the Lord had told him….” The Bible does not tell me that Abraham consulted his wife, or even gave a second thought to God’s instruction. All that he did was…obey….and moved in faith. I believe that his move faith was the reason why he was blessed by God. He simply trusted God…obeyed God….and moved in faith.
I am speechless when I see the life of Abraham. I really pray that one day…I will be able to simply move in faith without a second thought.

Prayer: God give me the faith that you have given Abraham, Moses and many other heroes of the Bible. I preach about faith just to realize that I am a total failure in it. Lord help me with my unbelieving, cautious, critical mind that prevents me to trust you with my future, finances and life as a whole. I want to please you Lord in all my ways, and I know it impossible to do so without faith. I am in a desperate need of faith…help me Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home