Sunday, August 20, 2006

Happy Bithday......

30 years ago, on this day (20th August 1976) a handsome baby boy was born to Mr. and Mrs. David John. The child was dedicated for the glory of God from his birth. Mr. David wanted the son to become a full time worker in God’s service someday in life. Thus he brought up this child in the precept of the Lord. Along the way, when the boy turned 10 years old, Mr. David was called home to be with the Lord. Ever since that, the young boy has lost a great mentor in his life. However, the Lord has been faithful in sustaining this boy. He grew in stature and in his walk with the Lord. Finally at the age of 26, this boy committed his life for full time ministry and currently he is pursuing his theological education in a seminary.

Yes indeed…this is my brief history. I want to thank God for His love and Lordship over my life for the Last 30 years. Today is a very significant day in my life and ministry. This is the first time I have ever preached on my birthday. In fact it was a greater honour to preach in my home church in the presence of my mum, wife and my brothers and their families. At the end of the worship service, my family gave me a surprise by organising a surprise party for the church. I was called to cut the cake and was blessed by the Pastor and its members. What a memorable birthday it is. To add on to my joy, we will be expecting the arrival of our first child in September. I am very happy today, because I was able to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends and most of all preaching the living Word of God to my own people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reb Anthony Loke said...

yeah, that boy surely grew in 'stature'!!
anyway, happy belated birthday.
30 was the age jesus started his ministry!

from anthony

10:00 PM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Thanks Rabbi. God Bless.

12:41 PM  
Blogger rccnlj said...

Hey bro! So so sorry to have missed your birthday.. Anyways.. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Thanks Ruth. Its ok...i know you have be very busy lately. Anyway, thank you. GBU.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home