Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thanks mate........

Many sites on the internet post great poems and stories about friends. I always wondered whether those experiences and stories are real or solely made up for some commercial purposes. From my personal perspective, friendship is a great thing that can happen to someone.
I am sanguine by character that always prefers company. I just cant sit alone at home!!! Loneliness is the worst enemy for a sanguine. What more when I am on medical leave and have not able to mingle around with my best friends for the last 4 days. Though I have been away from campus, I realized that almost every other day I had my friends visiting me at home.

I want to pay a special tribute to my best friend and brother, Gerard Immanuel. He was there for me all through out this difficult week. In fact, he was the one who drove me to the clinic twice this week. In spite of his studies and other commitments, he made time for me. When I sit back and reflect upon our friendship, I realized that “A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else” – Len Wein. He made himself available for me. I think that is what friends are for. Someone who we can rely and count on especially in times of need. Thanks Gerard for being a FRIEND. (The one who is in the photo)

I am also grateful to my other friends in STM who fervently praying for my quick recovery. Special thanks to my Pastoral Group (The Nazarenes), Rev. Tan Jin Huat (My Supervisor), Jacob (for checking on me from time to time), Daniel, Ruth and Lee Yng (for your encouraging messages), Vijay, Gunaraja and Jegan (for visiting me and accompanying me to the clinic) and rest of the gang in STM for all your prayers. God Bless all.

3 Comments:

Blogger servant of JC said...

Hi my bro. I'm glad to help you and thats the least thing i can do. May you recover come back soon for we are missing your noice here ;)God bless you always.

9:48 PM  
Blogger rccnlj said...

Hey Bro... Good to see that you're back in STM again... Like Gerrad said, we've been missing your noise. hehhehe

3:50 PM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Thanks G and Chin Chin. Miss you guys too.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home